Scam Blog

I'm not reading Stig Staeterbakken's Siamese. Not yet at least. When I do I'll be sure to let everyone know what I think, and whether or not I agree with the New York Times Book Review had to say about it. Before I could pick up the book itself I got a little distracted by this crazy illustration that The Times had found Henning Wagenbreth to do of the novel's two main characters.Pretty creepy. It kind of reminds me of some of the old Nickelodeon stuff that I grew up on. Anyhow, I took a look in to the work of this Wagenbreth guy and was pretty intrigued with what I found. Not only does he have a cool mountain of previous work (that had never caught my eye till now for some reason), he just released a book called 36 Scam Mails From Africa, which is his illustrated version of just that. Sound weird? Well, it is. Go take a look at it.

Oh and if you read Siamese before me, please don't ruin the ending. I hear it's good.