- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (young adult fiction, soon to be a movie). eBook
- A Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice and Fire by George Martin (the fantasy series adapted for HBO). eBook
- 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami (was it the free beer and tacos or just the pent-up demand for Murakmai's magnum opus?). eBook
- A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan (Green Apple was mentioned by name in the advance reading copy, only to be heartlessly edited out, alas). eBook
- A Clash of Kings by George Martin (as above). eBook
- Infinite City by Rebecca Solnit (we love when an eclectic university press book hits the top of our charts).
- Bossypants by Tina Fey (no one had ever heard of her until we started handselling this, right?). eBook
- Just Kids by Patty Smith (the Pulitzer didn't hurt). eBook
- A Storm of Swords by George Martin (yep, another one). eBook
- A Feast for Crows by George Martin (and another). eBook
Here are the ten best-selling books at Green Apple for 2011 (with links to eBooks, just in case you're tying to fill up your new device).
Since George Martin nabbed four spots, let's list one more, eh?
11. Go the Fuck to Sleep by Adam Mansbach (proving that even if you can read a PDF free online, you still want the book. Or that parents today are horrible monsters).
No predictions for 2012, except maybe that this great book, which I'm currently devouring, will be much talked about. Now back to the stack of forthcoming books. . . .